Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bikes and Bows

Got a new bike today - finally.

I haven't ridden one in so long, years probably, so it was weird to just go out, buy one, and start riding again.
I like how much easier it is to bike and how little effort it takes to go so far, and especially now with my fall allergies it's better than running because I don't get as much pollen and crap in my lungs, but I still don't really like it as much as running - it's a bit nerve-wracking and hard for me to control a bike, and not as nice as running in that way (I almost crashed twice trying to navigate small spaces) and it isn't as fun as running, for me. I guess it doesn't do the whole endorphin release thing that running does (if running does do that, I don't remember)? But it still was a workout (for me especially because I'm way too out of shape) and it was really great biking around up to other neighborhoods with the view of the plains there.

After biking my dad and brother went out back to shoot arrows, and I joined them. It fun and challenging (and a little scary once you realize that despite the dull, practically nonexistent tip the arrows we were using could still go through cloth and probably skin). I finally got the hang of it after about maybe 20 shots and actually hit (and got the arrow to stick into) the target. I did however whack the inside of my arm plenty of times with the bowstring until I managed a good stance. I've got a nice big bruise on the inside of my elbow now. Despite that, I want to practice more - it was fun and archery like a nice hobby/skill, even if I'm only derping around in the backyard with a bow we got off of craigslist.

Well, anyway, not much else to write about. It's been nice out the last couple of days, not blisteringly hot like it's been most of the summer. I also saw the first Canada Geese since spring today, the first big sign of winter. I've just gotten into the groove of summer and it's almost fall. Figures.

I've been slacking a little less working on the rabbit cages and the first one is closeishkindofnotreallybutnottotallyveryextremelyfarawayatleast from being done, and I think I might've just managed to work out the big snarl of character creation with the Scamble (a new story I've been working on) and hopefully there won't be many more tangles with that. Art-wise I haven't animated anything in a while and I keep telling myself I'll finally work on that genderswapped Psych minicomic I have thumbnailed out and ready to go, but I don't do anything and I just keep feeling more and more guilty about not drawing or or being horrible at art. Which of course makes me want to draw even less. Ugh. I wish my inner asshole/slavedriver/nitpickingsonofabitch would just let me do whatever I want without guilting me about it all the time (even if all I want to do is watch Teen Wolf) >:I

And, uh, yeahhhh... I finished watching Supernatural a while ago and since my Tumblr dash has been covered in Teen Wolf stuff lately I decided to try and watch it, despite the name. I still feel kind of embarrassed and idiotic when I say "I'm a fan of Teen Wolf", even though I like the show and I think the general consensus is that it's a good one.

Anyway, yeah, life is average to good here. Just pretty uneventful.
- Willow

No comments:

Post a Comment