Monday, October 17, 2011

Mouse traps

I made a bunch of ratty, previously-yogurt-and-cereal-box live mouse traps. Set them in the chicken coop, baited them with peanut butter and we'll see how well they work, if at all. I was inspired by my awesome skill in catching a very unafraid and perhaps partially blind vole, and while I don't have the patience to sit in the chicken coop with a net all day -- or the desire to look insane --, I just decided I would make some mouse traps instead and see if they work.

Also, we may be getting a frost tonight, who knows. Most of the tomatoes, peppers and a few other plants have been covered with blankets and cold frame roofs -- hopefully they'll survive and we'll get a few ore days of zucchini, bell peppers and cherokee purple tomatoes.

There's really not much else to say, not much else to update on -- not much else is happening around here. Just the usual. Catching voles with nets, drawing, and making mouse traps.

No comments:

Post a Comment